Date: January 27, 2020
Position Title: Elementary Principal
Location: White Deer ISD
Salary Range: Local Pay Schedule
Length of Work Year: 11 months
Summary of Primary Purpose:
- Lead the instructional program and supervise operations at the campus level.
- Provide instructional leadership to ensure high standards of instructional service.
- Direct the implementation of district policies and instructional programs and manage the operation of all campus activities.
Valid teaching certificate
Texas principal or other appropriate Texas administrative/certificate
Preferred: Advanced Education Leadership (AEL) certification, Instructional Leadership Training (ILT), or Instructional
Leadership Development (ILD) & Certified T-TESS Appraiser
Experience: Five Years of successful experience as a classroom teacher as evidenced by performance evaluations
Preferred Experience: Successful experience as a campus administrator as evidenced by performance evaluations
- Working Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to evaluate the instructional program and teaching effectiveness
- Excellent communications, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead groups of people through a collaborative effort
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Ability to interpret data
- Ability to effectively communicate effectively (verbal and written)
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computers and peripherals.
Posture: Frequent sitting and standing; occasional bending/stooping, pushing, pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of a mouse; reaching
Lifting: Occasional lifting and carrying (less than 60 pounds); occasional physical restraint of students to control behavior
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours; work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather), exposure to noise; occasional districtwide and statewide travel
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress; ability to respond to needs in a timely manner in a high-stress environment
Regular Attendance is an essential function
- Monitor instructional and managerial processes to ensure that program activities are related to program outcomes and use these findings for corrective action.
- Work with staff to plan, implement, and evaluate the curriculum on a systemic basis; include students and community representatives (when appropriate).
- Provide instructional resources and materials to support teaching staff in accomplishing instructional goals.
- Foster collegiality and team-building among staff; encourage their active involvement in the decision process.
- Provide for two-way communication with the superintendent, staff, students, parents, and community.
- Communicate and promote expectations for high-level performance from staff and students; recognize excellence and achievement.
- Facilitate effective and timely resolution of conflicts.
- Determine and build a common vision with staff for school improvement; direct planning activities and implements program collaboratively with staff to ensure attainment of the school’s mission.
- Identify, analyze, and apply research findings (e.g., effective school correlates) to facilitate school improvement.
- Lead a collaborative process to develop campus performance objectives involving staff, parents, and community members.
- Develop, maintain, and use appropriate information systems and records necessary for the attainment of campus performance objectives addressing each academic excellence indicator.
- Interview, select, and orient new staff.
- Define expectations for staff performance regarding instructional strategies, classroom management and communication with the public.
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences with all staff.
- Make recommendations relative to personnel placement, transfer, retention, promotion, and dismissal.
- Confer with subordinates regarding their professional growth; work jointly with them to develop and accomplish improvement goals.
- Comply with district policies, as well as state and federal laws and regulations affecting the schools.
- Develop budgets based upon documented program needs, estimated enrollment, fiscal control, accurately report fiscal information.
- Manage the use of school facilities; supervise maintenance of facilities to ensure a clean, orderly and safe campus.
- Work with faculty and encourages student input to develop a student management system that results in positive student behavior and enhances the school climate.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable.
- Conduct conferences with parents, students, and teachers concerning school and student issues.
- Use information and insights provided through assessment instruments, the district appraisal process, evaluation feedback from line supervisors and professional development programs to improve performance.
- Provide leadership in addressing challenges facing the profession; pursue professional development activities; disseminate ideas and information to other professionals.
- Observe professional ethical standards in accordance with generally accepted community standards and the Texas Education Agency code of ethics.
- Articulate the school’s mission to the community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
- Demonstrate awareness of school/community needs and initiate activities to meet those identified needs.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques for community and parent involvement.
- Exhibit multicultural awareness, sensitivity, and appreciation.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Abide by State and Federal laws, District policies, campus expectations and Texas Educator Code of Ethics.
- Perform other such duties as assigned.
Application Deadline: Posted Until Filled
PO Box 517
White Deer, Texas 79097
Phone : 806-883-2311 Ext 4