May 1, 2023
Job Opening: Cafeteria Worker for White Deer ISD
Cafeteria Job Description:
Work under moderate supervision to prepare and serve appropriate quantities of food to meet menu requirements. Maintain high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Food Preparation and Serving
1. Prepare quality food according to a planned menu of tested and uniform recipes.
2. Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures, and practice and promote portion control and proper use of leftovers.
3. Store and handle food items and supplies safely and according to established procedures. Maintain a clean and organized storage area.
Safety and Sanitation
4. Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards, and follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
5. Keep garbage collection containers and areas neat and sanitary.
6. Correct unsafe conditions in the work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to the supervisor.
7. Maintain personal appearance and hygiene.
8. Handle and record cashier functions accurately.
9. Help record food requisitions and order necessary supplies.
10. Maintain daily food preparation records.
11. Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
12. Complete annual continuing education requirements.
13. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard large and small kitchen equipment and tools including electric slicer, mixer, pressure steamer, deep-fat fryer, sharp cutting tools, stove, oven, dishwasher, and food/utility cart
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Continual walking; frequent climbing (ladder), grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, reaching/overhead reaching
Lifting: Frequent moderate lifting and carrying (15–44 pounds)
Environment: Work inside in a commercial kitchen environment; exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, extreme humidity, noise, vibration, microwaves, biological hazards (bacteria, mold, fungi), chemical hazards (fumes, vapors, gases), electrical hazards; work with hands in water; work around machinery with moving parts; work on slippery surfaces
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
To apply, please come by the Administration office and pick up an application.
Contact: Mandi Ballard, HR Director
806-883-2311 ext. 4